Briefing Note by David Goulbourn, Headmaster, Pownall Hall School
The 30 hours pilot has begun and the full implementation is scheduled for September 2017.
The reality of the matter as I see it having researched, and also discussed with colleagues at IAPS Conference, is this:
1. You do not have to adopt it.
2. You can maintain the 15 free hours.
3. You can opt out all together from EYFS funding / EYFS curriculum.
4. It is up to the parents to pursue the funding once they are sure they have met the criteria:
Both are working, and for at least 16 hours
They earn no more than 100K p.a.
5. You don’t have to accept a 30 free hour request; you can say no.