When we are free to think our own thoughts or do our own thing, we feel content, in control and more capable than when we are on output all of the time.
So, here are 7 Top Tips to achieve Tip Top Wellbeing (i.e. How to put YOU higher up the To Do List!):
3. Set boundaries for yourself, for example:
When will you check your phone and when will you ensure it is turned off, silent, or out of the way?
When will you work and when will you take time out to rest and reflect?
4. Allow yourself time to be in the flow without any interruptions, each and every day. We need to do this so that we can recharge. Being answerable to others on a 24/7 basis is exhausting, stressful and damaging to your wellbeing.
5. Learn how to treat yourself as you would treat a best friend. Self-care is not selfish, it’s vital.
6. Put firm appointments for YOU in your diary, each day, week, month and year. Time for you will never just ‘happen’, it needs your decision, commitment, planning and action.
7. Keep on top of your physical environment – de-cluttering little and often will keep the space around you more conducive to working well and relaxing well.
BONUS TOP TIP:
8. What makes your heart sing? What makes you feel really alive? How can you do more of these things, more often? First step, decide to do so! Note: If we don’t choose for ourselves to take better care of ourselves, it’s likely that no-one else will do it for us. If on the other hand, we set a standard where we show others that we are valuing ourselves highly, taking time out frequently, (before we burnout), it is very possible that others will see how this is beneficial and they will likely choose to follow suit.
If you would like any of our free one page downloads pop over to the free resources page here where you can find help with procrastination, productivity, feeling good and more. Or if you would like to benefit from the well-received Feel Real app, full of free resources, pop over here.
I am passionate about improving wellbeing in schools – if you would like to discuss further, do get in touch on 07783 107 236 or via email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you.